Director Aaron Wilson Signs With Echo Lake (Exclusive)
The Australian filmmaker's first feature, the World War II tale "Canopy," debuted at the recent Toronto Film Festival.
Director Aaron Wilson, whose first feature film Canopy had its world premiere at the recent Toronto Film Festival, has signed with Echo Lake Management.
The film, which played the festival’s Discovery section, follows a downed Australian airman who joins forces with a Singapore-Chinese resistance fighter during the Japanese invasion of Singapore in World War II.
“The film is remarkably visual,” The Hollywood Reporter critic Megan Lehmann wrote, adding, “Wilson elicits genuine, subdued emotion from both actors in what is essentially a two-hander.”
A native of Australia, Wilson completed the short films Rendezvous (2003), Ten Feet Tall (2005), Faux pas (2007), Feng (2007), Leap Year (2008) and Ahmad's Garden (2008) before making his feature debut with Canopy, which he wrote, directed and produced with Katrina Fleming.
He also is repped by Paradigm and RGM in Australia.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead