Director Abel Ferrara Confirms Gerard Depardieu Will Star in Dominique Strauss-Kahn Inspired Film
The French director confirms to newspaper Le Monde that the actor will star in the film, a project which Wild Bunch has refused to confirm.
Gerard Depardieu is heading for a sex scandal à la Abel Ferrara with the French actor set to star in a Dominique Strauss-Kahn inspired film, Ferrara told French newspaper Le Monde. Ferrara said that Isabelle Adjani would co-star as Strauss-Kahn’s wife Anne Sinclair.
The film has been circulating the rumor mill for months, but Wild Bunch had refused to confirm the project.
“Vincent doesn’t want to talk about the project, that’s normal, he’s the producer. But I’m the director! No one can stop me from talking about my movie,” Ferrara said of Wild Bunch topper Vincent Maraval.
Ferrara said the film will be shot in New York, Washington and in France, “in all spots of power in fact: it’s a film about rich and powerful people.”
The director is in Paris promoting his film Go Go Tales. Neither Adjani nor Depardieu’s camps have confirmed their participation in the film and Maraval told Le Monde: “It’s true that we’d like Abel to shoot in June, but he has four projects in mind and we haven’t made up our minds yet.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR