Director of 'Chipmunks' Sequel in Talks for 'Desperados'
Betty Thomas would be replacing Wayne McClammy, who left the Universal project with Isla Fisher attached, due to creative differences.
Betty Thomas is in talks to direct Desperados, the Universal comedy that is acting as a starring vehicle for Isla Fisher.
Wayne McClammy, the director behind the Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Kimmel viral videos "I'm F---ing Matt Damon" and "I'm F---ing Ben Affleck," was previously on board but left due to creative differences, according to sources.
Written by Ellen Rapoport, Desperados is described as a female-oriented Hangover.
The story is about a woman who sends an indignant email to her new beau, who has gone silent after they have sex, only to discover he's comatose in a Mexican hospital. Panicking, she races south of the border with her friends in tow to intercept the email before he recovers.
Mark Gordon, Jason Blum and Jennifer Todd are producing. Universal executive vp production Tracy Falco and director of development Maradith Frenkel will oversee the project. Shara Senderoff and Allyson Seeger are supervising for the Mark Gordon Co.
An actress-turned-director Thomas, repped by CAA and Ziffren Brittenham, last directed Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. Other credits include I Spy, Dr. Doolittle, Private Parts and The Brady Bunch Movie.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR