Director Jasmila Zbanic, Actress Alba Rochwacher and Producer Bettina Brokemper On Shooting Stars Jury
Together with U.K. casting director Jina Jay and French film journalist Thierry Cheze the jury will chose Europe's best young acting talent for 2013.
COLOGNE, Germany - Berlinale Golden Bear winning director Jasmila Zbanic (Grabavica), the Italian actress Alba Rochwacher (The Solitude of Prime Numbers) and German producer Bettina Brokemper (Hannah Arendt) will join Jina Jay, casting director on Anna Karenina and French film journalist Thierry Cheze in picking the 2013 Shooting Stars, Europe's crop of best young acting talent.
The jury will select next year's up-and-comers from a list of candidates nominated by members of European Film Promotion, the group that organises the Shooting Stars event and acts to promote European cinema internationally.
The 10 European actors and actresses will take part in the 2013 Shooting Stars event during the Berlin International Film Festival, which runs Feb. 7-17.
The Shooting Stars has established itself as dependable scout for up-and-coming talent out of Europe. Previous Shooting Stars that have gone on to international success include Skyfall star Daniel Craig, Germany's Daniel Bruhl (Inglourious Basterds), British actress Rachel Weisz (360) and Swedish actor Bill Skarsgard (Anna Karenina).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game