DirecTV Adds Fewer Subscribers in First Quarter
UPDATED: The satellite TV giant, led by CEO Mike White, reported higher earnings and revenue for the latest period.
DirecTV on Tuesday reported increased first-quarter financials.
The satellite TV giant, led by CEO Mike White, posted earnings of $731 million, up 8 percent. Revenue grew 12 percent to $7.05 billion.
The company added 81,000 U.S. subscribers in the latest period, compared with 184,000 additions in the year-ago quarter. It ended March with 19.97 million subscribers. In Latin America, DirecTV added 593,000 subscribers, compared with 427,000 in the year-ago period.
"DirecTV delivered another strong quarter of financial and operating results highlighted by double-digit revenue, earnings per share and cash flow growth, fueled in part by another quarter of record-setting subscriber growth in Latin America," said White. "Our industry leading revenue and earnings growth continues to be driven by the strength of our premier brands, popularity of our differentiated product and service offerings, and an enhanced focus on achieving operational excellence through effective cost management."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack