DirecTV Interested in Acquiring Hulu (Report)
It would be at least the second time the satellite TV company has expressed an interest in the Internet streamer.
Hulu declined to comment Friday on published reports saying that DirecTV is interested in purchasing all or a portion of the online streaming company.
It's the second time the nation's largest provider of satellite TV services has expressed an interest in Hulu, Bloomberg reported on Friday.
Two years ago, DirecTV and others considered acquiring Hulu, though potential bidders worried whether the price of content would escalate if the company were no longer owned by Disney, News Corp. and Comcast.
Hulu's board has reached out to potential bidders, and the list of those who are at least interested in the asset has reportedly grown to include Yahoo and Time Warner Cable. Peter Chernin has already offered about $500 million for Hulu, Bloomberg reported.
DirecTV also declined to comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!