DirecTV Interested in Acquiring Hulu (Report)
It would be at least the second time the satellite TV company has expressed an interest in the Internet streamer.
Hulu declined to comment Friday on published reports saying that DirecTV is interested in purchasing all or a portion of the online streaming company.
It's the second time the nation's largest provider of satellite TV services has expressed an interest in Hulu, Bloomberg reported on Friday.
Two years ago, DirecTV and others considered acquiring Hulu, though potential bidders worried whether the price of content would escalate if the company were no longer owned by Disney, News Corp. and Comcast.
Hulu's board has reached out to potential bidders, and the list of those who are at least interested in the asset has reportedly grown to include Yahoo and Time Warner Cable. Peter Chernin has already offered about $500 million for Hulu, Bloomberg reported.
DirecTV also declined to comment.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David