DirecTV Interested in Acquiring Hulu (Report)
It would be at least the second time the satellite TV company has expressed an interest in the Internet streamer.
Hulu declined to comment Friday on published reports saying that DirecTV is interested in purchasing all or a portion of the online streaming company.
It's the second time the nation's largest provider of satellite TV services has expressed an interest in Hulu, Bloomberg reported on Friday.
Two years ago, DirecTV and others considered acquiring Hulu, though potential bidders worried whether the price of content would escalate if the company were no longer owned by Disney, News Corp. and Comcast.
Hulu's board has reached out to potential bidders, and the list of those who are at least interested in the asset has reportedly grown to include Yahoo and Time Warner Cable. Peter Chernin has already offered about $500 million for Hulu, Bloomberg reported.
DirecTV also declined to comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR