DirecTV May Take on Netflix With Stream Video Sub Service
The satellite TV giant is exploring options as rival Dish is expected to use the acquisition of Blockbuster to beef up its streaming offers.
NEW YORK -- A day after Dish Network closed its acquisition of Blockbuster, which it is expected to use to strengthen streaming video offers, it emerged Wednesday that satellite TV rival DirecTV is thinking about launching a Netflix-type streaming service.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR