DirecTV modifies NFL Sunday Ticket service
'SuperFan' package added free; online features rebranded
NEW YORK -- DirecTV on Monday unveiled additions and modifications to its popular NFL Sunday Ticket service.
The satellite TV provider said it will this season provide every game in HD and add the Game Mix channel and the Red Zone Channel at no additional cost to subscribers.
These features were formerly part of a $99 add-on tier of services called "SuperFan."
DirecTV is also rebranding the service's online and mobile features as "NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go." The offer provides live streaming video of up to 14 games every Sunday, the Red Zone Channel, game highlights and detailed stats. New enhancements include live games for the iPad.
The changes are "taking the single most compelling sports subscription service to another level and creating the best value in the 16-year history of this exclusive package," said Derek Chang, executive vp, content strategy and development for DirecTV. "With our brawnier NFL package and our enhanced mobile and online service that lets fans watch live games wherever they are, there is no better football viewing experience, anywhere."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR