DirecTV Passes on 'The Kennedys'
6:52 PM PST 1/21/2011 by Matthew Belloni
It joins Showtime, Starz and FX as potential homes that have rejected the miniseries.
Another potential buyer for The Kennedys has decided not to pursue the controversial miniseries.DirecTV last week expressed interest in picking up the ambitious 8-part miniseries for its Channel 101 after it was yanked on Jan. 7 from History Channel by parent A&E Television Networks. But a rep for the network tells The Hollywood Reporter that it has ended talks with producers Asylum Entertainment and Muse Entertainment. DirecTV joins Showtime, Starz and FX as potential homes for the miniseries that have now passed. Producers are still said to be meeting with more potential buyers. The Kennedys stars Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes and is executive produced by 24 co-creator Joel Surnow.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game