DirecTV Premium VOD Service to Launch Thursday With 'Just Go With It'
10:23 AM PDT 4/19/2011 by Georg Szalai, Pamela McClintock
The satellite TV giant will be the first pay TV firm to offer movies about 60 days after their theatrical release for $29.99, with the service being available only to DirecTV HD DVR customers.
DirecTV made its premium VOD plans official on Tuesday, becoming the first pay TV service to offer early-release movies for around $30 about 60 days after their theatrical debut.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile