DirecTV Profit, Subscribers Rise in First Quarter
4:46 AM PDT 5/5/2011 by Georg Szalai
"We're pleased so far, and we'll see how it goes," CEO Mike White says about the recent launch of premium VOD movies and discusses a recent uptick in promotional activity by pay TV competitors.
NEW YORK - DirecTV on Thursday reported stronger than-expected first-quarter subscriber gains in the U.S. and Latin America and improved earnings, but mentioned a recent uptick in aggressive cable and telecom promotions.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile