Dirk Schweitzer Named Managing Director of Splendid Film
Schweitzer joins the independent film group after stints at Tele-Munchen and RTL Television.
COLOGNE, Germany - Veteran German television executive Dirk Schweitzer has joined independent producer, distributor and licenser Splendid Medien, taking up the position of managing director of the group's rights subsidiary Splendid Film.
Schweizer spent 10 years as the program and acquisitions head for leading German commercial network RTL Television before joining Herbert Kloiber's Tele-Munchen Group (TMG) as managing director in 2011. He resigned from TMG last year for personal reasons and returned to Cologne.
As head of Splendid Film, Schweizer will handle the company's licensing business for television and home entertainment for German speaking Europe. Splendid Group, a family-owned operation run by CEO Andreas Klein, has recently shifted its focus to higher-profile acquisitions, including The Expendables and Arnold Schwarzenegger-starrer The Last Stand, which the group released in cooperation with 20th Century Fox in Germany.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR