Lionsgate Puts 'Dirty Dancing' Remake on Hold
The studio had slotted July 26, 2013, as the release date.
Looks like Lionsgate has put baby in the corner.
The company is putting its remake of 1980s classic Dirty Dancing on hold.
High School Musical director Kenny Ortega, who was a choreographer for the original, was in the director’s seat for the movie, which had a release date of July 26, 2013 penciled in.
The project was gearing to cast up and was conducting screen tests. Lionsgate insiders say the postponing of the movie was to allow for more time for casting.
Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey starred in the original.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack