'Disconnect' Trailer: Jason Bateman Seeks Justice for Son (Video)
Henry-Alex Rubin's tech drama also stars Hope Davis, Alexander Skarsgard and Frank Grillo.
The first trailer for Disconnect explores the dangers of living in a wired world.
There’s a lot going on in this look at the ensemble drama featuring interconnecting stories. It stars Jason Bateman as a lawyer whose teen son (Jonah Bobo) is duped into an online relationship with someone he thinks is a girl but is actually two male classmates who trick him into sending risque photos.
Meanwhile, TV reporter Nina (Andrea Riseborough) connects with (and, as it seems, falls for) a teenager (Max Thieriot) whom she interviews for an expose about a porn site that uses underage teens. In another plotline, a couple (played by Alexander Skarsgard and Paula Patton are the victims of identity theft that threatens to ruin their finances.
The film from director Henry-Alex Rubin had its premiere at the Venice Film Festival last September and is slated for an April 12 release.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical