Discovery Cancels Michael Jackson Autopsy Special
The network releases a statement 'indefinitely' postponing the controversial broadcast which 9,000 fans signed a petition against.
Following uproar against a planned upcoming TV special re-enacting the autopsy of Michael Jackson, Discovery Communications released a statement announcing the cancellation of the broadcast.
“Given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson's estate, the scheduled broadcast of the medical documentary related to Michael Jackson's official autopsy has been postponed indefinitely,” a statement from the network read.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR