Discovery Channel Names Nancy Daniels Executive VP Production and Development
The exec had been with sister network TLC since 2008, overseeing the launch of shows including "Sarah Palin's Alaska."
Nancy Daniels has been named executive vp production and development at Discovery Channel.
Daniels has served as senior vp production and development for Discovery Channel's sister network TLC since 2008, overseeing all execution for the channel’s programming. She has overseen the launch of show including Sarah Palin's Alaska, Cake Boss, The Little Couple and Sister Wives.
She joined Discovery Communications in 2007 as vp development and production at Discovery Studios, West Coast, and was later promoted to senior vp.
Daniels, based in Los Angeles, will report to Discovery Channel president/GM Clark Bunting.
“Nancy’s a brilliant television executive, and one of the sharpest nonfiction storytellers in our industry,” Bunting said. “Having hired her at Discovery Studios, I know she’s able to lead a dynamic and effective team while driving strong programming results, like she did with the comeback of American Chopper.”
Before joining Discovery Communications, Daniels was at CBS, serving as vp alternative series and development, working on Survivor, The Amazing Race and other reality shows.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR