Discovery Channel Orders 'Extreme Smuggling,' 'Shipwreck Men'
The two new shows will debut Monday, Jan. 14.
Discovery Channel has ordered two new unscripted series to join its slate.
Extreme Smuggling, a four-part series about the underground world of drug smuggling, animal trafficking and illegal gun trading, and Shipwreck Men, about modern-day pirates, will debut on the cable network Monday, Jan. 14.
Smuggling, kicking off the evening at 8 p.m., will be partially shot from the point of view of the smugglers themselves and will reveal the often bizarre and disturbing ways criminals try to feed the demand for drugs, exotic animals and guns.
Following Smuggling at 9 p.m., Men follows pirates patrolling the southern Florida coast, with their main targets being boats in distress.
Smuggling is produced by Discovery Studios, with Eddie Barini and Craig Coffman executive producing. Sydney Clover is associate producer.
Men is produced by Discovery Studios, with Rob Hammersley executive producing with Discovery's David Pritikin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack