Discovery Channel Taps Denise Contis as Production and Development Executive
Some of her responsibilities include overseeing executive programming strategies and coordinating with independent producers and external production companies.
Denise Contis has been tapped as senior vice president of production and development for Discovery Channel.
She will be based in the Los Angeles office and report to Nancy Daniels, Discovery's executive vice president of production and development.
In her new position, Contis will oversee executive programming strategies and coordinating with independent producers and external production companies. She will also work internally with production management, legal and business affairs, finance, international networks, communications, online, advertising and promotion.
“Denise is one of the hardest working, most tenacious, collaborative and creative people I've worked with. I am thrilled to have her on board at Discovery Channel to help steer us to continued buzz and success,” said Daniels.
Contis was previously the vice president of production at TLC and oversaw Sarah Palin's Alaska, Say Yes to the Dress franchise and Police Women. She also worked at ABC Studios, CBS, Lifetime, NBC, Buena Vista and her own independent production company TUK Media.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR