Discovery Communications CEO David Zaslav's 2011 Compensation: $52.4 Million, Up 23 Percent
UPDATED: The cable networks group's boss had made $42.6 million in 2010 and saw his option awards rise in the latest year.
NEW YORK - Discovery Communications said Friday that CEO David Zaslav received compensation worth $52.4 million in 2011.
The total pay package, details of which were disclosed in a regulatory filing, compares with the $42.6 million he made in 2010. Zaslav's salary rose from $2 million to $2.96 million. But his stock option awards made the real difference, jumping from $15.4 million in 2010 to nearly $23.9 million last year.
"In 2011, Mr. Zaslav led the company in achieving our overall strong performance," the company explained. "In addition to operating performance, other significant accomplishments included driving international growth, bringing on and developing strong leadership at our emerging networks and joint ventures, producing quality content and enduring series, and growing U.S. advertising sales to outperform the market."
Former COO Peter Liguori's compensation package for 2011 amounted to $4.8 million, down from $4.9 million in 2010, according to the Discovery filing.
Satellite TV giant DirecTV recently said its CEO Mike White's pay package reached $5.9 million. In January, Viacom said that CEO Philippe Dauman's compensation amounted to $43.1 million in the latest fiscal year. Both saw compensation declines due to special year-ago awards.
But Disney CEO Robert Iger's pay rose 12 percent to $31.4 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10