Discovery Networks' Dee Forbes to Deliver Irish TV Keynote
The high flier is lined up to give the 2012 Irish Film & Television Academy's annual television lecture in Dublin.
LONDON – Dee Forbes, president and managing director of Discovery Networks Western Europe is to deliver the 2012 Irish Film & Television Academy Television Lecture.
Forbes, who hails from County Cork in Ireland, manages 17 factual and entertainment brands throughout Discovery Network’s stable of channels.
The lecture is scheduled to take place in Dublin on Sept. 27.
Forbes follows Stuart Murphy, director of Sky Entertainment channels, who delivered the inaugural IFTA Television Lecture in 2011.
IFTA chief executive Áine Moriarty said: "IFTA’s Annual Television lecture is an important aspect of the Academy’s year-round learning program of events."
Moriarty described Forbers as "an absolute powerhouse of an Irish woman, who is driving one of the world’s most recognizable global television brands."
For her part Forbes said she was delighted to be coming back to Dublin to share her media experiences "and to talk to you about the vibrant TV industry inside and outside Ireland."
Forbes previously worked at Turner Broadcasting where she ran Turner's business in the U.K. and Ireland.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'