Discovery Taps Scott Lewers Senior VP Programming
The former Oxygen/NBCUniversal executive will lead program strategy for the network.
Discovery Channel has tapped Scott Lewers senior vp programming.
In his new role, the former Oxygen/NBCUniversal executive will lead program strategy for the network, coordinating across all departments to create and conceptualize series, specials, franchises and initiatives for domestic telecast while leveraging those for all business opportunities.
"With his formidable track record of innovations and insights, we look forward to executing on a strong programming and scheduling strategy that continues the network’s successes," said Discovery and TLC Networks Group president Eileen O'Neill, to whom Lewers will report.
Before coming to Discovery, Lewers -- who will be based at Discovery's Silver Spring headquarters -- served as vp strategic multiplatform program planning and acquisitions at Oxygen/NBCUniversal, where he directed strategy, maintained and executed the overall programming direction for the network across multiple platforms.
His career has included stints at Lifetime and Nielsen. He holds a bachelor's degree in economics/business administration from Wagner College in New York.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR