Discovery Communications Unveils New TLC, Discovery Shows
The cable networks company also said its Military Channel will broaden its brand to include events and people that shaped history.
NEW YORK -- Discovery Communications unveiled a slate of new and returning series for its cable networks, including flagships Discovery Channel and TLC, on Thursday.
Ahead of its upfront presentation here later in the day, it also said that the Military Channel will broaden its brand to include events and people that shaped history.
Among a handful of new shows on the Discovery Channel is Mark Burnett's Alaska and classic car restoration series Fast and Loud. The other new shows are Top Engineer and One Car Too Far.
TLC's new shows include such series as American Wifestyles (working title) about wives across America, Bates Family Series (working title) about a couple with 19 kids, workplace docu-soap Big Brooklyn Style about a plus-size designer, Big Tiny: Life With the Jordans about the world’s smallest siblings and Breaking Amish (working title), which follows five Amish men and women and one Mennonite woman as they decide to either join the church and fully embrace the Amish and Mennonite lifestyle or leave for good.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR