Discovery Communications Unveils New TLC, Discovery Shows
The cable networks company also said its Military Channel will broaden its brand to include events and people that shaped history.
NEW YORK -- Discovery Communications unveiled a slate of new and returning series for its cable networks, including flagships Discovery Channel and TLC, on Thursday.
Ahead of its upfront presentation here later in the day, it also said that the Military Channel will broaden its brand to include events and people that shaped history.
Among a handful of new shows on the Discovery Channel is Mark Burnett's Alaska and classic car restoration series Fast and Loud. The other new shows are Top Engineer and One Car Too Far.
TLC's new shows include such series as American Wifestyles (working title) about wives across America, Bates Family Series (working title) about a couple with 19 kids, workplace docu-soap Big Brooklyn Style about a plus-size designer, Big Tiny: Life With the Jordans about the world’s smallest siblings and Breaking Amish (working title), which follows five Amish men and women and one Mennonite woman as they decide to either join the church and fully embrace the Amish and Mennonite lifestyle or leave for good.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David