Dish Chairman Charlie Ergen's 2011 Compensation: $958,441
UPDATED: The size of his pay package was up from $797,909 in the previous year. CEO Joe Clayton made $9.85 million in 2011.
NEW YORK - Dish Network said that always frugal chairman Charlie Ergen received compensation worth $958,441 in its latest year.
The total pay package compares to the $797,909 he made in the previous year. New CEO Joe Clayton's compensation amounted to $9.85 million last year. The company made the disclosures in a regulatory filing that is required of publicly traded firms.
Ergen's annual salary of $750,000 in 2011 was up from $600,000 in 2010, the filing showed. His compensation also included $170,551 in personal use of corporate aircraft, compared to $163,264 in 2010.
Clayton's salary for 2011 was $467,307. He also got stock awards worth $306,700, but the biggest part of his compensation package were option awards worth $9.07 million, according to the filing.
Dish competitor DirecTV recently said that its CEO Mike White's pay package reached $5.9 million. Also earlier this year, Viacom said that CEO Philippe Dauman's compensation amounted to $43.1 million in the latest fiscal year. Both saw compensation declines due to special year-ago awards.
But Disney CEO Robert Iger's pay rose 12 percent to $31.4 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR