Dish launches new Epix film channel
The 3 offers classics from 70's to present
NEW YORK -- Dish Network has launched The 3, a new movie channel from Epix dedicated to popular films from the 1970s to the present.
Epix, a joint venture of Viacom, Lionsgate and MGM, said the channel is "designed for passionate movie fans" and offers "time-tested favorites" from its partner studios' treasure trove, such as "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "Rocky," "Top Gun" and "The Terminator," teen coming-of-age comedies from the '80s and more.
Dish is the first distributor to carry The 3.
"Providing our customers with an unmatched in-home movie experience at the best value is a top priority, and we are excited to expand our movie offerings to include titles from the broad Epix film library," said Dave Shull, senior vp of programming for Dish.
"The launch of The 3 from Epix on Dish Network underscores our efforts to bring more entertainment choices to consumers, wherever they are viewing," said Epix president and CEO Mark Greenberg.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR