'Dish Nation' Renewed for Second Season
The half-hour entertainment news program, averaging 1.3 million viewers in January, will return on Fox Television Stations through 2014.
Twentieth Television announced Monday that syndicated freshman Dish Nation has been renewed for a second season.
The half-hour entertainment news program will continue to air on Fox Television Stations through the 2013-2014 season, also getting distribution on Sinclair, Tribune, Cox, Meredith, Local TV and Lin stations.
"We promised that Dish Nation would be a hilarious and fresh alternative within the entertainment news genre," said Twentieth Television evp and general manager of broadcast sales Paul Franklin. "Based on the positive station response, social media buzz and reinforced by continuous ratings growth, Dish Nation has delivered. Building from a summer test with the Fox Television Stations to a successful first season, we are thrilled to continue the momentum -- and the laughs -- with this second season renewal.”
The younger-skewing Dish Nation boasts a stronger 18-34 showing than any other freshman syndicated program, including Steve Harvey and Katie Couric. Growing 18 percent since the September premiere, January episodes are averaging 1.3 million viewers.
“Dish Nation is different, which is something we wholeheartedly support," said Fox Television Stations svp of programming Frank Cicha. "Given the encouraging ratings and execution so far, we believe this has the potential to be a future franchise for us.”
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!