Dish Network Is Latest Pay TV Player to Mull Premium VOD Service
8:02 AM PDT 5/13/2011 by Georg Szalai
The satellite TV provider is in talks with studios to offer early-release films under similar terms as competitor DirecTV.
NEW YORK – Charlie Ergen’s Dish Network is considering a premium VOD service that would offer Hollywood movies about eight weeks after their theatrical release, an executive of the satellite TV provider told Bloomberg.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile