Dish Network to Keep 600 Blockbuster Stores Open (Report)
But the news means another 1,000 stores could be closing soon.
Dish Network, which recent won approval from a bankruptcy court judge to acquire Blockbuster for $320 million, plan to keep 600 of the movie-rental chain's stores open, the Dallas Morning News reported.
The satellite TV provider said in a Saturday filing with the U.S. bankruptcy court in New York that it will assume leases on about 600 stories.
But the company currently operates just over 1,700 U.S. stores, meaning that more than 1,000 could be closing soon.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR