Dish Network to Keep 600 Blockbuster Stores Open (Report)
But the news means another 1,000 stores could be closing soon.
Dish Network, which recent won approval from a bankruptcy court judge to acquire Blockbuster for $320 million, plan to keep 600 of the movie-rental chain's stores open, the Dallas Morning News reported.
The satellite TV provider said in a Saturday filing with the U.S. bankruptcy court in New York that it will assume leases on about 600 stories.
But the company currently operates just over 1,700 U.S. stores, meaning that more than 1,000 could be closing soon.
Dish has yet to reveal its full plans for Blockbuster.
The acquisition is expected to close Thursday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR