Dish Will Now Also Offer Pivot TV Via App
This is the second deal for the Participant Media startup that will extend availability of the channel to digital platforms in an effort to reach its target audience of millennial viewers.
The Pivot TV cable channel has expanded its relationship with Dish Network to make its content available on the Dish Anywhere platform and for subscribers who download its app.
The use of an app was part of the original plan for the network created by Participant Media because it targets the millennial generation, a group that often consumes content on electronic devices outside of a traditional TV screen.
This is the second such deal for Pivot, which currently is available in about 40 million U.S. homes with TVs. The first agreement for an app with DirecTV was announced in July.
Now, Dish subscribers will be able to view Pivot content live and from its on-demand menu on Internet-connected devices, as well as stream Pivot’s programming on computers, tablets and smartphones.
Those subscribers with Sling technology also will be able to watch content from their DVR wherever Wi-Fi is available.
“Dish understands the value of providing its customers with the opportunity to watch Pivot where they want, how they want and when they want,” said Stephanie Ruyle, Pivot’s executive vp distribution
“With access to Pivot content on DishAnywhere.com and the Dish Anywhere mobile app, we offer our customers greater choice in programming options and viewing platforms,” said Josh Clark, Dish vp programming.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services