Disney's Robert Iger Says 'Avengers 2' in the Works
The CEO says that the follow-up will come on the heels of previously-announced sequels to "Iron Man," "Thor" and "Captain America."
It's probably a no-brainer, but a sequel to The Avengers was made official Tuesday by Disney CEO Bob Iger, who made the announcement during a conference call with analysts to discuss quarterly earnings.
Repeating previous announcements made by Marvel Studios, Iger said a third Iron Man and a second Thor are scheduled for 2013 and a sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger is in the works for 2014. He gave no timeline for an Avengers sequel.
Iger boasted that Avengers "shattered domestic box-office records with a $207.1 million opening weekend for a global performance of more than $702 million to date."
The CEO also said that there are Avengers-based attractions in the works for some of Disney's theme parks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)