Disney brings on Mandate exec
Tendo Nagenda hired as film studio's vp of production
Tendo Nagenda has been hired as a vp production at Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Nagenda signed on before Sean Bailey was named head of production, becoming chairman Rich Ross' first hire in the production ranks, though Nagenda is not expected to start until March.
Nagenda most recently worked as a vp production at Mandate Pictures, where he was overseeing and acting as a co-producer on the untitled James McAvoy-Seth Rogen cancer dramedy, which goes before cameras next month. Nagenda also was overseeing the Jay Baruchel-Seth Rogen comedy "Jay and Seth vs. the Apocalypse" and the Nacho Vigalondo action comedy "Gangland."
Other projects he shepherded include horror project "Burst 3D" and "The Substitute," both of which were being developed with Sam Raimi's Ghost House banner. He also was executive producer on Mandate's "My Dinner with Herve," a biopic of actor Herve Villechaize.
Nagenda served a stint at Warner Independent, where he worked with future Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International senior vp Michael Andreen, and had his first exec job as a creative executive at Brad Pitt's Plan B.
The Disney move marks a homecoming of sorts for Nagenda, who began his entertainment career as the assistant at Disney-based shingle Gunn Films.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR