Disney Channel Star Joins 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' (Exclusive)
Bella Thorne joins Steve Carell, Jennifer Garner and Ed Oxenbould in the adaptation of the book by Judith Viorst.
Disney Channel star Bella Thorne has joined the cast of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, Disney’s adaptation of the popular kids book.
Ed Oxenbould is playing the title character, while Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner bring the star power in the film being directed by Miguel Arteta.
A classic since it was published in 1972, Bad Day was written by Judith Viorst and centers on a boy (Oxenbould) who has a very horrible day and finds out that other people can have them too.
In the script, written by Lisa Cholodenko and Rob Lieber, the boy has a terrible day and wishes his family experienced his suffering, which they later do.
Thorne will play the gooey girlfriend of Alexander’s very cool older brother.
21 Laps and The Jim Henson Co. are producing the family film, which is slated for an Oct. 10, 2014, release.
Thorne is best known for playing Cece Jones in Disney Channel’s Shake It Up, in which she stars with Zendaya as two teens chasing their dreams of being dancers. The show, which is one of the top shows in the kids 6-to-11 and tween demo, is wrapping up production after three seasons, with the final episodes to air later this summer and fall.
The 15-year-old Thorne, repped by WME and KLWGN Entertainment, also has a recording deal with Hollywood Records and recently inked a YA book deal.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Closed Captioning Finally Enters Digital Age
- 'Jurassic World': See The first Images From The Set Of Next Summer's Dinosaur Flick
- 'A New Earth' Author Eckhart Tolle Says We Have An Addiction To Unhappiness (VIDEO)
- Lake Bell Reveals Pregnancy By Cradling Her Belly In Tight Jumpsuit At Vanity Fair Party