Disney Channels Promotes Multiplatform Programming Exec (Exclusive)
Katharine Linke, who joined Disney in 2000, has been upped.
Katharine Linke has been promoted to vp multiplatform programming at Disney Channels U.S.
Linke, who came to Disney in 2000, oversees nonlinear programming and scheduling strategy for Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD content on numerous platforms, including the Watch Disney apps, Netflix, broadband, electronic sell-through, VOD, mobile, airlines and cruise lines.
"Katharine has been at the forefront of shaping the digital video strategy for Disney Channels, helping to broaden our audience and expand our content to new platforms," said Paul DeBenedittis, senior vp programming strategy at Disney Channels Worldwide. "Under her leadership, the multiplatform programming team is responsible for over 65 monthly schedules across the digital landscape, and plays a crucial role in delivering on our commitment to provide quality content when and where our audience wants it."
The Burbank-based Linke continues to report to DeBenedittis.
Linke was most recently executive director multiplatform programming at Disney Channels U.S. She won an Emmy Award for creative achievement in interactive media for the Disney Channel Games in 2007.
Prior to joining Disney, Linke held positions at The Fred Silverman Company and Vin De Bona Productions. She is a graduate of the University of Southern California.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues