Disney Channels Worldwide Promotes Karen K. Miller
She has been upped to vp programming strategy, acquisitions and co-productions.
Disney Channels Worldwide has promoted Karen K. Miller to vp programming strategy, acquisitions and co-productions, it was announced Thursday by Paul DeBenedittis, senior vp programming strategy. Miller will report to DeBenedittis.
In her new position, the Burbank-based Miller will continue to direct the development of overall scheduling strategies to ensure regional and local programming plans are consistent with global priorities. She also oversees the global acquisitions process, sourcing live-action and animated series and movies worldwide for Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior. She also steers co-production opportunities, from creative development and production, for Disney Channels Worldwide, and is the lead representative for TV and entertainment markets.
"Karen is both strategic and creative and is highly respected for her expertise and unfailing work ethic. Her leadership greatly contributes to the success of our kids TV business and this well deserved promotion recognizes that fact," said DeBenedittis.
She previously held the executive director title. Prior to joining Disney Channels Worldwide, Miller worked at Atlantyca Entertainment, was an animation associate producer on The Simpsons Movie and spent 18 years at Warner Bros.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR