Disney Channels Worldwide Promotes Richard Loomis to SVP, Chief Marketing Officer
In the newly created position, Loomis will continue to report to president and chief creative officer Gary Marsh.
Disney Channels worldwide has promoted Richard Loomis from senior vice president, marketing and creative, to the newly created position of senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
President and chief creative officer Gary Marsh -- to whom Loomis reports -- made the announcement on Friday.
Loomis' duties will expand alongside the growing Disney Channels Worldwide portfolio, for which he oversees all creative marketing strategies and decisions with the Disney media sales and marketing team. He also works closely with programming, global brand marketing and franchise management, as well as the affiliate sales and marketing and Research groups and the Radio Disney national network of more than 30 owned radio stations. Additionally, Loomis manages the off air design, marketing strategy and analytics and marketing operations functions.
"With unmatched creativity, knowledge and expertise, Richard has played a pivotal role in branding the creative expressions of Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior across the globe," said Marsh. "Along the way, he has built a matrix of successful partnerships. This is a well-earned acknowledgement of not only the contributions he's made to our TV and radio platforms, but the expanding responsibilities he's now taking on."
Among Loomis' accolades are multiple PromaxBDA Awards, CTAM Mark Awards and Telly Awards.
Prior to joining Disney in 2007, the Ontario, New York native previously held similar positions at MTV Networks' Comedy Central and Nickelodeon. He began his career as a media planner at Grant/Jacoby Advertising in Chicago.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram