Disney confirms Pitaro, Pleasants digital split
Pair divide oversight of Disney Interactive Media Group
Disney confirmed Sunday that John Pleasants and James Pitaro will split oversight of its Disney Interactive Media Group, as The Hollywood Reporter reported exclusively Friday.
Pleasants will oversee Disney's games business across all digital platforms while Pitaro will oversee the Disney Online unit. Both of these branches were previously run by Steve Wadsworth, who resigned earlier this month.
"Our rapidly growing Disney digital businesses will benefit greatly from the deep experience and distinct leadership skills shown by John and Jimmy," said CEO Bob Iger in a statement. "John has shown incredible agility and skill in helping companies achieve success in the ever-shifting digital games business, while Jimmy has vast knowledge of the online world and has been hugely successful at creating and building audiences around branded online content."
Both will begin at Disney on Oct. 18. Pleasants, who will continue to run Playdom, will be based in San Francisco while Pitaro will remain in Los Angeles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!