Disney, DreamWorks Films Coming to Chinese VOD Provider You On Demand
With the latest content deal, "War Horse," "The Muppets," "Cars 2" and other movies will become available in the 3 million cable households served by the company.
NEW YORK - Walt Disney and Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks are the latest Hollywood partners of You On Demand, the video-on-demand provider in China led by former World Wrestling Entertainment executive Shane McMahon, the New York Times reported.
Under the agreement, Disney Media Distribution, which handles films made by Walt Disney Studios and DreamWorks Studios, will start making such films as War Horse, The Muppets and Cars 2 in the company's 3 million cable homes. Library titles like Mary Poppins are also included, according to the Times.
Financial details weren't disclosed.
You On Demand has national reach thanks to a 20-year arrangement with the pay TV division of the CCTV-6 network. The company previously struck content deals with Warner Bros. and Lionsgate.
McMahon used to be executive vp of global media for WWE, which is run by his father Vince.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera