Former Disney Exec Calls Pixar-Boycotted Annies 'Sad'
"I understand there's lot of issues, and the Animated Film Society needs to work on that," Peter Schneider tells THR.
"The animation community has been a tight community. Now that animation is starting to have great success in the commercial world, in Hollywood, to see it in fracture in terms of people's support, it makes me sad," Peter Schneider, former president of Disney Feature Animation and Walt Disney Studios, told The Hollywood Reporter at Saturday's Annie Awards, which saw DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon sweep the animated feature categories in the midst of a Disney boycott over judging procedures.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
- New Jersey Congressional Candidate Endorsed By One-Ninth Of The Wu-Tang Clan
- Maureen Ryan: All Due Respect: An Appreciation Of James Gandolfini
- Dan Persons: Cinefantastique's Here's What's Going On - 06/20/2013: Steve Carell Talks Despicable Me 2
- 'Sopranos' Actress Reflects On Working With James Gandolfini