Disney Extends Nordic Pay-TV Deal With Modern Times Group
MTG picked up a slew of first-run features from Disney including “Iron Man 3,” “Thor: The Dark World” and “Wreck-It-Ralph.”
Scandinavian pay-TV operator Modern Times Group (MTG) has extended its licensing deal with Disney Nordic, picking up a slew of first-run and library titles from the studio for its network of pay-TV channels across Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
The deal, announced Wednesday (Dec.4), includes such current titles as Marvel's Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World and Disney/Pixar hits Brave and Monsters University. The package includes library films such as the library films Runaway Bride, Cabaret and Evita.
The films will go out on MTG's six Viasat Film thematic premium pay-TV channels across the Nordic region. The channels are carried over cable, IPTV and satellite platforms in the region. MTG’s subscription VOD service Viaplay will have exclusive SVOD rights for Disney first-run features across the Nordic region. Viaplay already streams numerous hit series from the Disney/ABC catalogue including Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon a Time and Lost.
In the Baltics, MTG already has a multi-year agreement in place with Disney to show first-run movies and series, as well library titles on MTG's free-TV channels in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR