Why Studios Don't Pay to Make Movies Anymore (Analysis)
Many see it as barely in the studio business. But vice chair Moore points to a profitable mix of big plays such as the Star Trek and Transformers films and small movies that can be promoted through other Viacom properties (for example, Katy Perry: Part of Me paired with MTV). The studio has a steady partner in David Ellison’s Skydance , which has invested in Jack Reacher, the next Star Trek and the troubled zombie epic World War Z. The studio fully finances movies inside $30 million and seeks partners on the bigger ones.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR