Disney Gamble on Mickey Mouse Console Game Pays Off
"Epic Mickey" sold 1.3 million units in December.
NEW YORK - The Walt Disney Co. has done well with an action-adventure console video game that features its comic icon Mickey Mouse.
The Nintendo Wii game, Epic Mickey, sold 1.3 million units in December, the LA Times reported, citing people familiar with the figures.
The sales above the 1 million mark made the game, which was released on Nov. 30, one of the bestsellers of Decembers, research firm NPD Group reported late Thursday without detailing data for individual titles.
Disney has increased its focus on video games with much focus on social games that are played on social networks, such as Facebook. Last year, the conglomerate acquired social game firm Playdom.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR