Disney hires new scribe for '20,000 Leagues'
Justin Marks will rewrite adventure pic's draft script
"20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo" has a new navigator.
While the captain remains director McG ("Terminator: Salvation"), screenwriter Justin Marks has been brought on to rewrite Bill Marsilii's draft script for Disney's big-budget underwater adventure.
Sean Bailey is producing through his Idealogy Inc., along with McG. Jeanne Allgood is executive producing. Matt Smith is overseeing for Idealogy.
Marks has been hired as a "world builder" to fill out the deep-sea universe in this action-adventure based on the 1954 film "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea," which was an adaptation of Jules Verne's classic novel. As the new "Leagues" moves toward preproduction, Marks has four weeks to work with McG and craft designers to expand the film's world to the scale of a tentpole extravaganza.
Marks, repped by WMA and Madhouse Entertainment, wrote the screenplay for the Fox actioner "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li," due Feb. 27 in domestic theaters. He also has "Hack/Slash," "Masters of the Universe" and "Voltron" in development.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR