Disney Junior Asia Takes 3D Series 'Maya The Bee'
The updated version of the German kids classic will premiere across Asia on Disney Junior January 1.
Disney Junior Asia has picked up multi-territory rights to Maya The Bee, a new 3-D CGI kids series from German group Studio 100 Media.
The pre-school series, an update on the popular German cartoon of the same name from the 1970s, will go out across Disney Junior's Asia network January 1 and will air twice daily on channels targeting East Asian territories including Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong and Macau.
The 3D reboot of Maya The Bee has been a sales hit for Studio 100, which has sold the CGI series to some 150 territories worldwide. A 3D animated feature film based on the series is currently in production, with Jacki Weaver, Noah Taylor and Miriam Margolyes among the voice talent.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR