Disney Launches ABC TV On Demand in Germany
Cooperation with Vodafone includes 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Lost,' 'Criminal Minds.'
CANNES – The Walt Disney Company in Germany has set up a joint venture with mobile phone giant Vodafone to launch the territory's first on demand service for programing from ABC television.
ABC TV On Demand, which goes online mid-April on Vodafone's IPTV offering Vodafone TV, will offer VOD episodes of current and past ABC series including Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Criminal Minds and Lost.
Starting immediately, Vodafone TV will also offer its German subscribers kids and family channels Disney XD and Playhouse Disney. Vodafone will also offer up feature films from Disney's catalog, including recent kids hit Tangled, which will bow on VOD April 7, day and date with Disney's DVD release of the title in Germany.
The series and films will be offered both in the English original and dubbed German versions.
Vodafone TV launched in February, joining numerous other cable and cell providers in Germany offering triple play services – mobile, Internet and TV – to subscribers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR