Disney Nears Deal for Spec Comedy 'Something Cliqued' (Exclusive)
Giving a pulse to the almost flatlined spec script market, Disney is in negotiations to pick up Something Cliqued, a teen comedy spec by Karen Bloch Morse.
Andrew Panay is producing via his Disney-based Panay Films along with Trevor Engelson and Nick Osborne of Underground Films.
Giving a spin on the body-swapping genre, the story centers on Penny Talbot, a girl who after a terrible day wishes she was a somebody in her high school, specifically the most popular girl, the most athletic and the class president. When her wish becomes an unexpected reality, she lives through the girls' bodies and gets a chance to see how the other side lives.
Alex Ankeles brought the project into Panay Films and will oversee.
Underground developed the project and then teamed up with Panay Films.
Engelson and Osborne produced Remember Me, a romantic drama that starred Rob Pattinson.
Also on Panay's Disney slate: An untitled baseball dramedy from Allan Loeb which has Bradley Cooper attached to star as well as Father Figures, a comedy spec by Laurie Craig about a father and stepfather who lose their son.
Morse, repped by Gersh and Underground, was an assistant to entertainment attorney Dave Feldman (who is now her attorney) and a script coordinator on Dawson's Creek before striking out as a writer, penning the straight-to-DVD movie Center Stage: Turn It Up for Oxygen Media.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR