Disney’s ‘Lone Ranger’ to Ride Into Imax Theaters Overseas on August 2
The Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films tentpole will screen in the large format in the U.K., Japan and other select international territories.
BANFF, ALBERTA – Imax is set to super-size Johnny Depp as the iconic Tonto as it brings Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films' The Lone Ranger to select international screens on Aug. 2.
Imax said it will digitally remaster Gore Verbinski’s pic, which stars Armie Hammer as the masked hero John Reid, for release overseas initially in the U.K. and Japan.
The Lone Ranger reunites megaproducer Jerry Bruckheimer, Verbinski and Depp, who collaborated on Disney's first three Pirates of the Caribbean films.
"We've always enjoyed working with Disney, Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp, and we look forward to having Gore Verbinski's first Imax picture released in our network," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment.
The Lone Ranger will release in U.S. theaters on July 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR