Disney Scores Top Spot in SNL Financial Report
The research firm ranked 25 entertainment companies on the basis of net income and operating revenue.
Despite the box-office bomb known as John Carter, the company behind it is the top financial performer in the industry, according to a report out Thursday.
The firm SNL Financial ranked 25 entertainment companies by net income and operating revenue and Disney was No. 1, followed by Time Warner. Last year, Disney was tops as well, with News Corp. in second place.
"Through good movies and bad, Walt Disney Co. just keeps on growing," wrote SNL's Dawood Sadiq and Sarah Barry James.
The pair wrote that The Avengers ($1.51 billion worldwide) more than made up for John Carter, which earned just $282.8 million worldwide and led to a $200 million write-down.
Disney was not only No. 1 overall but tops in both categories, scoring $6.2 billion in net income last year (up 17.4 percent) and $42.3 billion in operating revenue (up 3.4 percent).
Time Warner's net income last year was $3 billion (up 4.6 percent) and its operating revenue was $28.7 billion (down 0.8 percent).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed