Disney Scores Top Spot in SNL Financial Report
The research firm ranked 25 entertainment companies on the basis of net income and operating revenue.
Despite the box-office bomb known as John Carter, the company behind it is the top financial performer in the industry, according to a report out Thursday.
The firm SNL Financial ranked 25 entertainment companies by net income and operating revenue and Disney was No. 1, followed by Time Warner. Last year, Disney was tops as well, with News Corp. in second place.
"Through good movies and bad, Walt Disney Co. just keeps on growing," wrote SNL's Dawood Sadiq and Sarah Barry James.
The pair wrote that The Avengers ($1.51 billion worldwide) more than made up for John Carter, which earned just $282.8 million worldwide and led to a $200 million write-down.
Disney was not only No. 1 overall but tops in both categories, scoring $6.2 billion in net income last year (up 17.4 percent) and $42.3 billion in operating revenue (up 3.4 percent).
Time Warner's net income last year was $3 billion (up 4.6 percent) and its operating revenue was $28.7 billion (down 0.8 percent).
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!