Disney Seeks to Trademark 'Seal Team 6'
With interest in the counter-terrorism unit continuing to grow, the entertainment giant's application covers everything from clothing to games.
The Walt Disney Company is attempting to trademark the name “Seal Team 6, the counter-terrorism unit responsible for killing Osama Bin Laden.
Filed May 3 (days after news of bin Laden's death broke), Disney's application covers clothing, footwear, headwear, toys, games and “entertainment and education services,” among other things, according to MediaBistro.
Interest in the elite special forces team continues to skyrocket.
The Hollywood Reporter recently reported that the book, SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper, is being rushed into stores this week ahead of its originally scheduled May 24 publication date.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR