Disney Severs Ties with Olympic Runner Moonlighting as Sex Worker
Suzy Favor Hamilton, a three-time Olympian living a double life as a Las Vegas escort, was scheduled to speak at the Disneyland Half Marathon in August 2013.
A three-time U.S. Olympian outed by The Smoking Gun as working a double life as a Las Vegas escort has been relieved of all future speaking engagements with Disney.
The athlete is Suzy Favor Hamilton, 44, a competitive runner who admitted Thursday that she was the woman posing as Kelly Lundy, a $600-per-hour sex worker employed by one of Sin City's premier escort services.
The married mother of a 7-year-old girl has taken to Twitter to acknowledge the scandal.
"I was drawn to escorting in large part because it provided many coping mechanisms for me when I was going through a very challenging time with my marriage and my life," Hamilton said. "It provided an escape from a life that I was struggling in. It was a double life."
Hamilton had an ongoing arrangement with runDisney, which operates the company's races. She spoke at this year's Disneyland Half Marathon and appeared at the Princess Half Marathon at Floriday's Walt Disney World in February.
RunDisney spokesman Bob Hitchcock tells the Orange County Register that Hamilton is no longer scheduled for future Disney events.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR