Disney Severs Ties with Olympic Runner Moonlighting as Sex Worker
Suzy Favor Hamilton, a three-time Olympian living a double life as a Las Vegas escort, was scheduled to speak at the Disneyland Half Marathon in August 2013.
A three-time U.S. Olympian outed by The Smoking Gun as working a double life as a Las Vegas escort has been relieved of all future speaking engagements with Disney.
The athlete is Suzy Favor Hamilton, 44, a competitive runner who admitted Thursday that she was the woman posing as Kelly Lundy, a $600-per-hour sex worker employed by one of Sin City's premier escort services.
The married mother of a 7-year-old girl has taken to Twitter to acknowledge the scandal.
"I was drawn to escorting in large part because it provided many coping mechanisms for me when I was going through a very challenging time with my marriage and my life," Hamilton said. "It provided an escape from a life that I was struggling in. It was a double life."
Hamilton had an ongoing arrangement with runDisney, which operates the company's races. She spoke at this year's Disneyland Half Marathon and appeared at the Princess Half Marathon at Floriday's Walt Disney World in February.
RunDisney spokesman Bob Hitchcock tells the Orange County Register that Hamilton is no longer scheduled for future Disney events.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David