Disney Signs Multi-Year Package Deal With Germany's RTL
Marvel Studios' "The Avengers" and Pixar's "The Brave" and are among the top titles in the agreement.
COLOGNE, Germany - Walt Disney Company has signed a multi-year package deal with leading German broadcaster RTL Deutschland that will give RTL free TV rights to Disney, Pixar, Marvel Studios and DreamWorks titles from 2012 on.
The deal includes tentpoles such as Pixar's Scottish-themed animated feature The Brave, Marvel's The Avengers and the sci-fi epic John Carter starring Taylor Kitsch.
Disney's RTL package also includes multiple TV series, among them ABC's hit fantasy skein Once Upon A Time.
The Disney deal further strengthens RTL's library of Hollywood films and U.S. series. The network, which owns or operates five free-to-air and three pay TV channels in Germany, has similar multi-year deals with Warner Bros., NBC Universal and France's Studiocanal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10