Disney First Studio This Year to Cross $1 Bil in Domestic Grosses
Milestone reached Sunday as Pixar's "Brave" nears $175 million in North American grosses.
Summer hits The Avengers and Brave have propelled Disney to become the first studio of the year to cross $1 billion in domestic box office revenues.
Disney will reach the milestone on Sunday.
The Avengers, from Marvel and Disney, has now grossed $611.1 million domestically, the No. 3 showing of all time after Avatar and Titanic, both from James Cameron. Globally, the film also is No. 3 with $1.5 billion.
Pixar's Brave continued to do strong business in its third weekend, grossing $20.2 million for a domestic cume of $174.5 million. The 3D toon has grossed $211.1 million worldwide.
Disney will reach $1 billion in 188 days, beating the studio's previous record of 210, set in 2010. This marks the seventh year in a row -- and the 16th time in 19 years -- that Disney has achieved the milestone.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least