Disney First Studio This Year to Cross $1 Bil in Domestic Grosses
Milestone reached Sunday as Pixar's "Brave" nears $175 million in North American grosses.
Summer hits The Avengers and Brave have propelled Disney to become the first studio of the year to cross $1 billion in domestic box office revenues.
Disney will reach the milestone on Sunday.
The Avengers, from Marvel and Disney, has now grossed $611.1 million domestically, the No. 3 showing of all time after Avatar and Titanic, both from James Cameron. Globally, the film also is No. 3 with $1.5 billion.
Pixar's Brave continued to do strong business in its third weekend, grossing $20.2 million for a domestic cume of $174.5 million. The 3D toon has grossed $211.1 million worldwide.
Disney will reach $1 billion in 188 days, beating the studio's previous record of 210, set in 2010. This marks the seventh year in a row -- and the 16th time in 19 years -- that Disney has achieved the milestone.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws